Tuesday, July 8, 2008

40. Cerrado

Well, sort of cerrado. Cerrado for us. We're getting off the boat. My inner ear thing isn't clearing up and because of it I'm useless for crewing. I had planned to hang out until they were ready to set sail, would take the bus to Merida for a few days and then continue on to Texas. Unfortunately, Capt Jim isn't comfortable with me traveling on my own and so he's making arrangements for new crew to come on board and kicking both of us off. Part of me is tremendously relieved to not have to make the crossing. I can't think of anything worse, but I'm also terribly disappointed in myself. I really thought I was going to be able to do it. The last time this happened, my doctor diagnosed it as Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo, however, it's looking more and more like Meniere's each day. The good news is that as as long as I don't look to the right, I can still knit. So I've got that going for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home