Thursday, June 26, 2008

38. Cabin Fever

Still anchored at Caye Caulker. We are so ready to move on, but the weather isn't cooperating. I've been reading, some knitting, swimming, napping and just hanging out to pass the time. The Mr went diving a couple of days, mostly just to get off the boat. We've all got a touch of cabin feezer. I think I might even be a little bored. So bored in fact that this afternoon, I noticed how long my leg hair was getting. It's not like crazy hippy college days long, but long enough that it could be tweezed. And so I did. I can't think of another time in my life where that seemed like a good use of my time.

And speaking of hair, it seems like all of a sudden it's growing. I can actually get it all into a ponytail. It's a short one, but it fits and with a headband, even those frizzy baby hairs stay off my face. I stopped taking the B Complex vitamains a while ago. It makes my pee super yellow, so I couldn't tell if I wasn't drinking enough water or if it was just the vitamin. I'm sort of obsessed wtih staying hydrated in this heat. It's hard though. The water from the fiberglass holding tank tastes bad. Like ass. It doesn't smell, but it definitely tastes like ass and is hard to drink. I brought some of those Crystal Light On-the-Go packs to add to the water, but you can still taste the ass. Which means I'm drinking more rum, beer and coke light. So it's surprising that my hair is growing, what with my nutritious diet and all.

Lucy's birthday was yesterday. Her 4th. I hate that we missed it. Last year she celebrated with peanut butter flavored Frosty Paws, basically a dixie cup of frozen yogurt for dogs. Mom was going to try to find some for the "grand-puppy." Of course, doggy dixie cups might just be a little too California to find in rural Oregon. She (Lucy) did finally get a haircut. I can't figure out why they always leave her hair so long around her mouth. Don't they know she's a girl?

2 Comments:

Anonymous ssichler said...

What's "cabin feezer"? Is that when you shoot six holes in your freezer and scream for boat drinks? BTW the hat turned out great. Jacques would be impressed. Merci.

The Mister.

July 12, 2008 at 1:05 PM  
Anonymous Jaime said...

Cabin feezer = extreme cabin feever.

July 13, 2008 at 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home