Saturday, March 22, 2008

17. Sold!

It's done. All contingencies removed. Financing secured even after their first bank closed. Just closed the doors and left us all scrambling. So it looks like the you know is scheduled for the 29th and we'll close a few days later. The Mr and Lucy will stay in the desert and I'll staying with EK for a couple of weeks (so nice of them). A couple of weeks? Yeah, I've got to give notice. For a few years now, I've said over and over that all I want to do is quit my job, knit and travel. Variations have included: be a stay at home dog mom, practice yoga full time, become an esthetician, really learn to cook (say in Italy), sail a catamaran around the world (at least the warm places). The catamaran was more the Mr's idea, but I could do it for a little while. The quit my job part never changed. Now that it seems to be happening, I don't know what to think. I'm relieved about the house closing. It's starting to feel like the wheels are coming off, so the timing couldn't be better. But I've worked since I was 15 -that video store job was the best. I can't tell you how many times I watched Sixteen Candles on Saturday afternoons. Big sigh...Jake.

Anyway, now that it's here and I'm on the verge of quitting, I'm kind of freaking out. What is my life going to look like? What am I going to do all day? Knit, clearly, but all day? Won't I get bored? I hate to think that I'll get tired of knitting, but it's possible. Won't I need to do something to feel like I'm contributing? And what about all my work clothes? And my heels? I can't exaclty put on heels to make a Trader Joe's run. What am I going to wear? Since I won't be dressing for the girls I work with, who will even notice if I've put something cute together? Cuz really, you know you dress for the other women in the office. And trust me, I realize how this all sounds. There are so many bigger issues in the world, but right now, this is what is on my mind.

Also on my mind is 28Thirty. I'm stuck on the arms. They're wide. Like Michelin Man wide. I started my decreases 7 inches down per the pattern, but probably should have started at the beginning. I'm also wondering if it might be a bit long. And because of all this, I'm losing interest (a frequent problem), but need the needles to finish up the baby sweater for D'Popeye (again, hopefully not his actual name) for the shower next weekend.

Aarrgh...back to packing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's no way you'll EVER get tired of knitting.

April 1, 2008 at 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home